Salt doesn't just flavor food. It also helps us meet the minerals our body needs and helps our organs to function correctly. Salt has flavored dishes in many forms since history has existed. Over the centuries, salt has been blended with many aromatic herbs and its compatibility with different flavors has been tested. Examples of these are lemon, thyme, truffle, and vanilla. One of them is rosemary. Rosemary is one of these aromatic herbs.
Due to its salt structure, it attracts moisture. It absorbs the moisture of the plant it is mixed with and traps its aroma. Rosemary salt: It is formed by blending finely chopped or ground rosemary salt. Sometimes rosemary oil is added for a more intense aroma. This aromatic taste adds a distinct flavor to dishes and enriches them.
What Rosemary Salt is Made of?
This aromatic spice is known for increasing the flavor exponentially when added to dishes. This salt, which you can use in many areas from fried vegetables to meat, from bread to snacks, is actually two ingredients. Salt and dried rosemary. This mixture, which is sometimes made with rosemary oil, transforms the flavor of the dishes to which it is added. It offers a flavor and aroma that surprises the palate.
Rosemary Salt Benefits
Rosemary salt is a type of salt that consists of a mixture of salt and dried rosemary. When the intense aroma and aromatic smell of rosemary are combined with salt, of course, it is very delicious in taste and is highly appreciated by those who try it. However, its contribution to our body should also be examined. Here are a few benefits of rosemary salt:
- It gives a rich aroma and adds flavor to dishes. When added to simple dishes, it helps to capture a gourmet flavor.
- Rosemary is rich in antioxidants. When combined with salt and can be effective in fighting free radicals in the body, it can reduce cellular damage.
- As a result of some research, it has been determined that the rosemary plant can support the health of the digestive system. It may have benefits for digestive issues.
- Rosemary is very useful in lowering blood pressure. A rosemary salt mixture may be beneficial for heart health. However, without consulting your doctor about health, you should not use rosemary salt to improve your health.
How to Make Rosemary Salt?
Although salt rosemary is very tasty, it is actually a very easy type of salt to make. The preparation of rosemary salt, which creates a gourmet touch when added to meals, is as follows: The only necessary ingredients are salt and dried rosemary. The type of salt used is very important. If you prefer salts that have not changed their chemistry and can absorb moisture from the air, you can make the smell of thyme more absorbing into the salt and making it more aromatic. The structure of the refined salts is changed with various chemicals so that they do not clump and do not attract moisture from the air. Although it is useful in the use of salt shakers in this state, it is very dangerous for health. You can also get a very nice mixture with coarse-grained salts or ground salts.
Rosemary Salt Recipe
Rosemary sea salt is quite easy to make. The ingredients you need are a natural salt and dried rosemary.
- Using a bowl or glass jar, combine your salt and dried rosemary.
- Mix well so that the rosemary salt is evenly distributed.
- Close the jar and leave for a couple of days.
- This time is necessary for the aromas of salt and rosemary to blend together.
- Before use, stir or shake the mixture several times.
Ingredients for Rosemary Salt Recipe
The ingredients needed to make homemade diy rosemary salt are quite simple:
- Salt: Choose good quality and untreated salt.
- Rosemary: You can use dried rosemary leaves or fresh rosemary. The amount of salt you use.
- Bowl: You can use a wide bowl deep to mix.
- Jar or container: A suitably sized bowl or jar of your choice will do the trick to blend the rosemary and salt together for a few days.
Rosemary Salt Alternatives
Salt with thyme makes the taste of dishes very delicious with its intense aromatic taste. You can enrich rosemary salt with a few ingredients. By adding dried garlic, you can obtain garlic rosemary salt. Alternatively, adding lemon will result in lemon rosemary salt. You can also choose salts prepared with other herbs or vegetables known for their intense and aromatic taste, just like rosemary. Examples of these ingredients are examples of salt with truffle, garlic, lemon or thyme. The dishes that these salts are more suitable for are as follows. You can use garlic salts mostly in your vegetable and meat meatballs, soups, salads, and oven dishes. You can choose your thyme salts in salads and meat dishes. The aromatic earthy flavor of your truffle salts will go best with oven dishes, eggs, and stir-fries. Lemon salts, with their sour taste, go well with salads, fish dishes, soups and olive oil dishes.